God's Design in a Teacher's Life

>> 05 September 2011

Last night was one of the best nights I have as a teacher.

It was passed 7:00 in the evening already when I dismissed my class. It was when I was already nearing the school gates, when two of my students called my attention. I thought it was something urgent so I stopped... and then they said something that had pleasantly taken me aback.

" Ma'am, kaupay san dicussion. Marisyo!"

That was a one-liner, but to me, that meant the world already. I am a full-time Law student and a part-time College Instructor with a course load equivalent to those of the Full-timers. I can only enjoy the luxury of rest every afternoon of Sunday's. The rest of the week is already work/study days. In short, I'm one stressed-fellow.

Everyday is a constant battle of perseverance and will. Everyday, I have to check my shoulders whether I have enough courage to deal with my day ahead or enough drive to continue my tasks.

For a teacher like me who has enough on both hands, an interest of a student to listen to the discussion in the class, already means a lot. It revitalizes the energy left after a long day of teaching. And to know, that they appreciated the hardwork makes the job worthwhile.

To be honest, I wasn't supposed to be teaching. This is not the field I chose to study in my undergrad. I wanted to be something else,,,wanted to be someone else... not Me the Teacher. But I long had realized that life is not about me nor about my own will. It's about God's.

So I already had come into terms with my life. My job is to look through God's purpose for me.

In the past, I would really question why I have to teach. I don't see the nobility of the job. I don't see the FUN in it.

But that one-liner last night?..That knocked me. After 3 years of teaching, it was last night that answers came rushing..

Now I understand God's plan...:) :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous April 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM  

Ma'am every single thing happens for a reason...and of course, it's God's plan and will. Let's just see the possible side of things and make the most out of it. I do appreciate you ma'am...that kind of situation is no easy to deal with..patience and perseverance are must to face that point of time in your life ma'am..indeed, you're worth pleasing and appreciating for ma'am...truth to tell, impossible may turn possible if you go hand in hand with GOD what your profession has to offer and what life has to guarantee..

martharosa May 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

Yes, you're absolutely right. Everything happens for a reason. It might not be a known one, but it surely has God's prints on it. Hope you're doing fine in your life and is pleasing God too.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP