On Regrets and Happy Beginnings

>> 05 November 2015

Chatted with two of my closest girlfriends  -- Karen and Mamu Goying.
And with both I had felt a different kind of peace, the kind you feel when you know you're in a good place.

Xi Karen made me cry when she surprised me with something. 
It started  with a question on ministry. 
I had  always thought  teaching is mine. But I know that I screwed up the first time I tried my hands on it. However, the hope of doing it right remains locked inside my heart. 

When Karen told me of her wish to continue her studies after her contract ends at Dubai, that little dream of mine started to flutter. And my faith is strong to know that when a seed is planted in my heart, I have to take a leap of faith, for my Jesus is the one who put it there. 

But then again I do not know how to act on it. My parents had gone to surgery  (eye cataract) and my finances at the moment is tight. And I made a promise to myself, that if this is my ministry and this is the road I am led, I would never, never, NEVER screw up again. The necessary deed being that, I have to go back to school and really learn the rope.

As depressed as I am, I did the one thing I knew never failed me. I prayed. I prayed for the Lord to take away the longing, if it's not my ministry. I prayed for the Lord to guide me in the undertakings before me. Should I go forth, or should I turn my back? If everything I'm feeling is in accordance to God's Will,  I prayed for Jesus to show me the instruments on earth He laid for the realizations of His Plans in me.

Way back, He let me meet Maam Siony. Today, as I worry about my finances, He let a friend come around to help me. :) ..and so my happy beginning will start on Monday..(I'll keep u posted on this by Monday. Can't spill everything just yet. Allowing Jesus to Surprise me..)

Mamu, on the other hand, I had a very lengthy conversation about life and taking the leap. I won't gonna share everything here coz I like how that conversation goes up to the top list of my favorite conversations with her.

Mainly, we agreed on these points:

1. Life is short. You have to do what you love and love what you do.
2. Be a GOOD friend no matter what. You don't need to be the best, just be GOOD. 
(Note: ears, respect and space.)
3. Take leaps of faith. No matter where it'll take you, the leap is always worth it.
4. No regrets. Never-NEVER regret . Take every mistake as lessons-learned. 
5. Live a happy life. And that's done by constantly focusing in Glorifying God's Name.

To good friends and good starts! 
God bless!




-makelina

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP