Trusts over Lies

>> 12 July 2011

TODAY
(6:00PM) School Grounds

You said "hi". I dared not to look back.
You said "what's wrong?"
I ignored you and continued on my way.

We've been friends for quite a longtime already. You knew me as much as I knew you. We've been closer than siblings; been comfortably fond of each other as bestfriends.

It pains me not to be on speaking terms with you. We've been through a lot and I thought we've both had grown wiser in this friendship. I said nothing would change; you had said the same.

I may not be the perfect friend to you as I had my own shortcomings. I may not have been always there for you in your victories. But I made sure to be a friend to you whenever you're in need of one.

All along I thought we had all the right ingredients to make it work. To make the friendship lasts a lifetime. But yesterday, you proved me wrong.

You knew, I am big on TRUST.
Then why did you let a silly girl break that?.

I had given you a chance to tell me the truth. But you decided, I wasn't worth it. Surely, you know you can't hide anything from me..or have you forgotten I KNOW YOU WELL?

What gets into my skin is the fact that you continue to play with your own little game. It upsets me to realize that up to this point, you're leaving me in the dark. And worse, your little girl expects me to act dumb.

You both think I don't know. You both think I'm too shallow to see what's going on around me.

I feel betrayed. I hope both of you read this. There's more to life than lies. I hope you realize friendships are built on trust and respect.

But until you realize that. I want to take a step back from your sham friendships.

I just don't believe I'm worth your lies.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP