My Relationship with my Magazines

>> 05 July 2011


Everyone is guilty about something. 
On my part, it's my addiction over YES! Magazines.

YES! Magazines from 2003- present
I've been a collector since 2003.

Here's a little background.

Year 2003 was the year I entered UP Tacloban. As a small town girl, I wasn't very good with adjusting to city-life. It was just so hard to adapt to my environment. I was a loner and had always been. I had friends but between hanging out/barhopping and staying indoors, I'd chose the latter hands- down. I was such a bore...they'd say :)

In spite of boarding in a homey little house somewhere at Sto. Niño Extension, I would usually travel back home (in every chance I get). It was during this to and fro ritual that I came upon my 1st copy of YES! Magazine with the Sexbomb on the cover (April 2003)
my entire YES! collection

Since then, i was hooked! First day of every month wasn't complete anymore without a copy of YES!.
My mother took notice. At first, it wasn't a big deal in the house, but with the monthly addition on my collection, the more obsessed I become on making sure that I miss no issue.

Mom was the least happy, I'd give it to her! She really had gone through a lot of schemes just to deter, stop and discourage me on my new-found preoccupation.

2 copies: 1 was a gift from my bestfriend
She's not the only one who took notice though.
My friends and relatives had come to realize that my past time had already grown from a mere hobby to a real relationship.  I quite forgot when it started, but most of them had already started sending me issues of YES! as gifts.

Thus, there were lots of times that, I had to either save or give a copy of the "ish" to a friend.  It was on this occasions that I gain new friends. Take for instance, the "LBC-relationship" I had with Jhing, a girl from Cavite, who I "meet" in YES! Magazine's FB page...

Collector's Items

TOP TEN PERSONAL FAVORITES

My Top 10 picks

My boyfriend dared me to pick my Top 10 favorite issues and explain to him why. Gladly but painstakingly, I accepted the challenge.:) It was tough narrowing my own list, but nevertheless I survived. :) :) :)

1. May 2003 issue-(with KC's debut and the Ylmaz-Ruffa wedding on the cover) 
         - because I am crazy about them!, I can't think of any other reason why this is my topmost pick!
2. Jan-Feb 2004 issue-( with ruffa and lorin on the cover)
           - because aside from the fact that I adore ruffa, it was also in that ish that YES! had listed down the 25 Loveliest Faces in Showbiz!
3. December 2005 issue- ( with Ruffa's 1M kiddie party) 
          - because I think that party had set the mood for grand kiddie celebrations.:)
4. June 2006 issue- (w/ echo and heart on the cover ) 
           - because if you had read this issue, you would realize how much they loved each other; how much they fought for the relationship and fastforward, who would have thought it'll end the way it had. Indeed, a sad lovestory..:(
5.October 2006( Kc & Gabby: Reunited in America)
          - who would not love this kind of news! Sharon had wonderfully brought up KC and one can easily see that on how forgiving she was towards her father.  
6. June 2007( Ogie's announcement re: his relationship w/ Regine) 
            - I love this ish coz for me the act of a man announcing to the whole world how much he's crazily in love with his lady  notwithstanding all the eyebrow-raising that it might start, is an ultimate act of love. And coming from the very private Ogie, it surely is something!
7. February 2008(w/ Rufa Mae & Ai-ai on the cover)
            - because personally I think Rufa Mae is underrated as an actress. And the straight-forward answers she had given during the interview manifests the strong &independent  lady that she is.So real!!!
8. November 2008( w/ Dingdong on the cover) 
      - well,  aside from it being the 100th issue of YES!(or because of it), i had a glimpse of the YES! issues I don't have and those I lost. :(
9. June 2009-(Ryan & Judai's wedding) 
       -the thickest ish!!..Love this because it tells the tale of two people who made us all swoon and believe in love. It chronicled the love story of J and R.
10.January 2010-(w/ Jinkee Pacquiao on the cover) 
     -  I admire Jinky. We usually see her as the timid wife of a Champion. But it was in this ish that  I had a glimpse of the tigress in her. She made me remember the adage, silent water runs deep; silent dogs do bite. :) A very tough lady. I salute her!
 Keep it coming YES! Team!!!...

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP