A Special POem from a Far Away Friend

>> 24 May 2012

Taking my life with each day as it comes,
Keeping myself away from the slums.
Where darkness may overcome if the door is ajar,
Preventing my life from reaching a star.
Keeping the Faith strong and praising to HIM,
Loving the Lord, while down on my knees.

Looking to rebuild my bridges so strong,
Low and behold, a new friend comes along.
No effort, no work, the conversation just flowed,
No denying the fact that spirits had glowed.
A glimmer of light shined upon us last night,
When everything seemed just so perfectly right.

I laughed and I laughed like I hadn't in years,
So hard that I had to stop and wipe tears.
Just when I thought I was ahead of the game,
You came back with one more that put me to shame.
The one that gets me most and leaves a small notch,
Was the one about my dog with her nose in d coach!

So I sent you my story, how dare I tell all,
knowing I may never ever again get your call.
But no one can take away the time that we took,
To learn about each other, our souls sorta shook.
We take a step back and kinda wonder how can this be,
That someone comes along so effortlessly.

It is you that I now write about,
An amazing friend I have made and forever tout.
That she was instride with my every move,
Our conversation did nothing but be in the groove,
Of what two people would want for a first impression.
You set the "bar" high as an inspiring sensation!

This was written especially for you Princess and what we shared....no matter what, it was pretty special.
I made this up as I went along....it was easy when I reflected back on you.
I hope you enjoyed reading it, as much as I enjoyed writing it for you!


Sincerely,


Your Good Friend Jim

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP